Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Phobia Project

A) A phobia is an irrational fear or aversion to something.

B) Blennophobia- fear of slime
     Gamophobia- fear of marriage
     Gynephobia- fear of women
     Hyelophobia- fear of glass
     Hormephobia- fear of shock

C) Brainstorm:

1) possible fear of plants?? take pics of someone laying in plants (botanophobia)
2) hold up lighter for fear of fire (pyrophobia)
3) fear of children, pic of sister (pedophobia)

First Pic- I plan to take a picture of Isabella laying in area with plants. The plants should somewhat cover her, giving the illusion of them trapping her. I'll have her appear scared, displaying the fear of plants, called botanophobia.

Second Pic- I plan to take a picture of Isabella with a clear background holding up a lighter. I will take the photo close up, keeping the flame as the focal point of the image. The flame will be near her eye, modeling the fear of fire, pyrophobia.

Third Pic- I'm going to take a picture of my younger sister standing next to Isabella, visibly scaring her. Isabella should appear scared and frozen while my sister scares her. This photo will show the fear of children, which is called pedophobia.


D) Photographic Techniques

1st) I could possibly use the framing technique to highlight the plants in the photo.
2nd) I plan to use the rule of simplicity to allow the flame to be the focus in the picture.
3rd)  I want to use the avoiding mergers technique to highlight the fear of kids that should be communicated in the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment