Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Sports Portfolio

1)

1a)
a) Alyssa Schukar
b) Photojournalism
c) All of the pictures taken at a distance, same lens and feel to each photo, not enough singles
d) Background in Haiti photograph and track meet picture
e) Overall, I don't love the photographer. I liked the sports photos taken, but none of them are especially creative.

2a)
a) Nick Adams
b) Story
c) Out of focus, photos don't tell anything specific, topic overdone
d) Original, fills four corners
e) I liked the photographer's photos in the alley, but I think the portfolio wasn't well thought out.

3a)
a) Sam Adams
b) Story
c) Avoid mergers, not framed well, doesn't tell stories through photos
d) Good portrait, good background
e) I like the tone of this photographer's portfolio and their execution of backgrounds.

4a)
a) Melissa Solden
b) Story
c) Unoriginal, focus of picture is blurry and not prominent, power lines in photo
d) Nice portrait, good ideas
e) I don't especially like this portfolio, because I think too many of the pictures were in black in white. Also, many of the pictures were blurry and lacked a focus.

2)

a) The judges noted that he did a good job of getting up close and almost in the shots. Also, the judges pointed out his apparent creativity and use of color. 
b) I saw that the photographer was very skilled in the aspect of focus and telling a clear story through the picture. There weren't any stark weaknesses, but I feel that a few of the photos in the portfolio were repetitive.

3)

a) To determine the winner, the judges look back through at the portfolios that stood out to them in their original viewing. At the portfolio's second glance, the judges nitpick and choose two absolute standouts. The judges must then rehash their critiques and choose an overall winner. 

Part Two - Individual Images 

1) One photo I agree with the judges on is the first photo critique about the simple view from a car. The photo does not feature anything particular, but just a viewpoint. This lack of a story in the picture makes it an unappealing photograph. 

2) One photo that I do not agree with the judges on, is the tennis picture of the player throwing her racket into the air. While I do think the picture is fine, I think that not showing the girl's face significantly reduces the emotion that could've been communicated within the picture. 



No comments:

Post a Comment