Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Extra Credit Story Reaction

After reading about The Falling Man, I truly am shocked. It's impossible to imagine having to go through what those inside the towers did. If I were in the same situation, trapped up on the top floors, I'm not sure what I would've done. I can't possibly understand what those people went through, and just hearing about the horrors they endured is enough to make me sick to my stomach.

Regarding The Falling Man, there were many controversial opinions. It wasn't surprising to me to hear that the majority of the people thought that the photo was too vulgar, or an invasion of a private moment. I'm not sure how I would've felt about the photo being made public, but I know that it certainly would've been heartbreaking to see. However, I think that it's important to honor those who died during the horrible tragedy.

Overall, I think that the photo is something that should be seen. You're not able to know for certain who the man was, therefore it doesn't seem like an invasion of privacy. It's very hard to hear and actually see what people went through, but 9/11 is an important moment in history that must be remembered. 

No comments:

Post a Comment